Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lake Powell, AZ/UT

Some creatures we saw while hiking at Lake Powell
 Tarantula Hawk
My worst nightmare!
I about flipped out when I saw this flying thing from Jurassic Park
It was about 2 or 3 inches long
This isn't my picture, but it shows how big these wasps are.
  These lizards were everywhere when we hiked.
 Good thing they don't freak me out!

King snake Stacy, Michelle and I stumbled on, it struck at Stacy and Michelle!
Harmless snake - unless you are afraid of them and fall off a cliff.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My word! there is no such thing as a harmless snake! And that Wasp thing is crazy! so glad I wasnt there. Wasps, Snakes, Lizards and Mice...not my idea of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told your Dad that Washington rain is starting to look good to me. LOL

    ReplyDelete